How much does it cost to go to one of your concerts?

All of our concerts are free to attend. Donations are graciously accepted.

What type of music do you play?

We play a wide variety of music throughout the year. In the fall and spring, we play standard wind band repertoire and orchestral transcriptions. Our holiday concert primarily consists of Christmas music. Our outdoor summer “pops” concerts include marches, medleys, movie music, Broadway show tunes, video game music, and other family-friendly selections. For samples of our previous performances, please visit our YouTube Channel.

Can anyone join the band?

As a true “community band,” we welcome new members of all ages and backgrounds throughout the year. There is no audition requirement; however, due to the level of difficulty of much of the music we play, Director Lindsey Borden recommends that new members are able to play at a minimum of a high school level. To learn more about what it takes to be a member of the Honeoye Falls Community Concert Band, please take a moment to read our New Member Information Sheet.

Which instruments are most needed?

We are most in need of double reed players (oboe/bassoon) and percussionists.

When and where does the community band rehearse?

We rehearse on Thursday nights in the HF-L High School band room from 7:30 to 9:45 PM. The band rehearses year-round (except for a break in August) and generally follows the school holiday schedule. For a more detailed rehearsal calendar, click here.

When is the best time to join the band?

We accept new members throughout the year. However, the best time to join the band is at the beginning of a session – either September, January, or mid-April. This will allow new members ample time to prepare for their first concert. For very young musicians or those who have not played an instrument in many years, the rehearsal immediately following our spring concert (mid-April) is usually the best time to start as our summer music is less difficult.

How can I be notified of upcoming concerts and events?

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or join our e-mail list! We also advertise all of our concerts in local newspapers and online calendars.

I don't play an instrument but want to get involved. What can I do to help?

Non-members can volunteer as a Friend of the Band, or make a tax-deductible donation to support the band’s operations.

Can I hire the community band for an event?

Yes! While the majority of our concerts are annual events sponsored by the Village of Honeoye Falls or Town of Mendon, we do occasionally perform at other venues and events. If you are interested in hiring the Honeoye Falls Community Concert Band for a festival or other special event, please contact our Publicity Manager for additional information.